Capital City Mambo Sauce Chicken Pizza
Yield: one 12-inch pizza
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- One 12-inch pre-baked pizza crust
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup Capital City Mambo Sauce, plus more for drizzling (optional)
- 1 small jalapeño, sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450˚F.
- Heat the olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat; add the red onion and salt, and sauté until the onion is softened and browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the pizza crust on a baking sheet and brush with some olive oil. Toss the shredded chicken with the sauce in a bowl. Top the pizza with the chicken mixture, sautéed red onion, sliced jalapeño, and then the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake the pizza until the cheese has melted, about 10 minutes. Drizzle more of the mambo sauce on top, if desired. Cut into slices and serve.