Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken
October 20, 2017
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours, 30 minutes
- 1 pound skinless chicken breasts chopped into large chunks
- 3/4 pound fresh pineapple chopped into large chunks
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into large pieces
- 1 cup red onion sliced into large pieces
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger ready-made ginger in a jar
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 tbsp Capital City Mambo sauce
- 1 tsp parsley
- chicken seasoning rub to taste
- BBQ seasoning to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season the chopped chicken with the seasonings.
- Place the chicken in a Ziploc bag. Add the soy sauce, ginger, minced garlic, and 2 tablespoons of mambo sauce to the bag.
- Remove any air from the bag and seal. Shake the bag until all of the chicken is coated with sauce.
- Marinate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Place the chicken, onions, red pepper, and pineapples on the skewers. Save the cherry tomato for last.
- Turn a grill on medium-high heat. Grill for 4-5 minutes on each side until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Brush the remaining mambo sauce over each of skewers before removing from the grill.
- Sprinkle parsley throughout.
- Allow to cool before serving.